Sunday 15 July 2012

Clayburn Re-cap

Whew! I am amazed at how much preparation goes into one day!
Although the day was not as successful as I had hoped, I was able to make some great contacts and share the day with some really talented ladies, and for this alone, it was all worth the effort. I was so happy to be beside Elisa from home sweet nest and was so VERY thankful and thrilled to have one of my besties, Alicia join me today. I thought I would throw together a few pics of my booth, and some of the items that are still available, should anyone out there fall in love with them and want to take them home. (wink, wink)

Due to rain, we were all moved into the Old School House. I must admit that this made me very happy. I had so many small items, that they would have been all over the ground had it not been for the ledge and shelving. Whew! Thank goodness for rain!
I just love how this dresser turned out. When I began to sand the many years of grime and paint off of the top of her, it revealed the most beautiful grain underneath. The same grain peeks through on the lingerie drawers that are hidden neatly behind the doors. The little beachy table is currently residing in my living room, and to be honest, I am not to saddened by the fact that she didn't find a new home today. The dresser has also found her permanent residence in my daughters bedroom. I am completely in love with them both. (dresser and daughter...table too) 
My husbands favorite piece of all is the little Apron Board....use your imagination, I'm sure you can figure out why. Sigh.... men.
I am so excited about how this bench turned out! I will be featuring her in the near future, showing her before pictures. I think you'll be shocked. 
As awesome as my little booth turned out, I must admit that there was something even better to end the day for me.....a little piece de resistance, you might say.


Miss Home Sweet Nest herself, playing the only song she knows. It is these moments right here that make me laugh so hard I can hardly stand it. Elisa's sense of humor and her friendship is one of the greatest things in my life.  She didn't even do half bad....mostly.

I'm looking forward to the next market and the chance to slowly branch out and spread my wings in this crazy little world I have found myself in. A HUGE thanks to Cathy and all the wonderful and inspiring ladies that I had the pleasure of sharing my day with. You girls have all brought me under your wings and made me feel like I belong. Thank you, thank you, thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment