Monday 29 July 2013

Sunshine and Chevron

So my hubby stumbled upon this little gem while working. She was a bit banged up and drab. I wasn't quite sure what she was going to grow up to be......so she sat.
It took me a VERY long time to be struck by inspiration with this one. When it finally hit, it was worth it!!
I decided to try a Chevron Print for the first time. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and try not only some different color combos, but start trying some new techniques. I'm not going to lie, it was a giant pain in the @#$.......
Once I figured out a system, it went much smoother. However, it was still more difficult than I had anticipated. Mostly because it involved math. Not my favorite!
Once all the stripes were dry, I did a combination of wet and dry sanding to complete the aging process. 


I finished it all off with a coat of Endurance Finish from Ce Ce Caldwell. Because it's a table, I wanted a little stronger finish to prevent any paint chipping or scratching. I LOVE the way the Carolina Sun looked after the sealer was applied.
This little beauty is on her way to my virtual showroom and is available for purchase. 
Thanks so much for popping in! 



No comments:

Post a Comment